1. Write a clinical question using the PICO format. The acronym stands for population studied (P), intervention (I), comparison (C), and outcome (O). These are the key components of a well-focused question.
TOPIC FOR PICOT QUESTION: MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
USE PICOT QUESTION FORMAT
REFERENCES 2-3 NO OLDER THAN 5 YEARS
NO PLAGIO MORE THAN 10 %
PLEASE SEE TH EXAMPLE PROVIDED, USE IT AS A TEMPLATE FOR THIS ONE
P-Patients undergoing childbirth
I – Undergoing childbirth within a professional nursing setting
C- Undergoing childbirth within the home
O- Infant mortality rates post birth
For patients undergoing childbirth (P), how does giving birth in a professional nursing setting (I) compare to giving birth in the home (C) in regards to infant mortality rates (O)?
The PICO pneumonic is a tool developed within nursing evidence-based practice pedagogy to assist in nursing research and exploration (Schiavenato & Chu, 2021). Evidence-based practice gained increasing popularity within the 20th century due to conflicting results obtained from similar research questions, indicating that more clarity and structure was needed within nursing and healthcare research (Schiavenato & Chu, 2021). According to Schiavenato and Chu (2021), evidence-based practice within nursing can be defined as “The conscientious, and judicious utilization of theory-derived, research-based information in making decisions about patient care delivery”. PICO is best applied to treatment questions which compare two choices which may prove to be a limitation in examining other significant nursing phenomena (Schiavenato & Chu, 2021).
The PICO framework for classifying clinical questions was first proposed by Richardson and colleagues in 1995 to facilitate searching for a precise answer within healthcare research (Eriksen & Frandsen, 2018). The PICO question has facilitated meaningful research for previous nursing research projects that I have undertaken. Not only does the PICO question provide a means of structure for the investigation, it also seeks to encourage more exploration as we compare two various interventions and the subsequent outcomes obtained from both variables. Although there exists various other models for research and clinical questioning such as SPIDER which stands for sample, phenomenon of interest, design, evaluation, research type, PICO is by far the most widely utilized framework in clinical question development (Eriksen & Frandsen, 2018).
Eriksen, M. B., & Frandsen, T. F. (2018). The impact of patient, intervention, comparison, outcomes (PICO) as a search strategy tool on literature search quality: A systematic review. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 106(4), 420-431. https://doi.org/10.5195%2Fjmla.2018.345
Schiavenato, M. & Chu, F. (2021). PICO: What it is and what it is not. Nurse Education in Practice, 56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2021.103194
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25