RESEARCH (Label this section)
· The explanation / background of the topic- Teach the topic to students. Share interesting and current research on the topic.
· Use APA citations in the text to clarify sources.
· Reminder: Your textbook should be one of the sources.
CRITICAL THINKING (Label this section, too)
· This section is only for your thoughts/conclusions. This is not research based.
· Examples: Apply everyday phenomena in terms of the scientific concepts in your research section. Make observations and draw conclusions.
· Tips and Tricks for Remembering and Recalling. Is there a mnemonic device that might help you memorize this information or what helps you understand this?
· Connect the dots. Why is this an important topic for you, your community, society, or the world? How does it relate to other concepts in the text?
Add References and Word Count at the bottom of the page
325 Words Minimum
**Be sure you use in-text citations after all information you learn while researching your posts.**
The APA In-text Citation example for your textbook
(Saladin, 2020, p. ___ or para. ____)
The APA reference example for your textbook:
Saladin, K. (2020). Anatomy & physiology: The unit of form and function (9th ed.). McGraw Hill Education.
Example Main Post
Incompatibility between mother and fetus in Rh blood type: First vs Second pregnancy
Everyone has a different blood type. Every person has one of the four ABO blood types
A, B, AB, or O. One’s blood type can be determined by the antigens in that person’s blood cells.
Rh factor is a type of protein that is on the surface of the red blood cells. Rh blood group is
known for the rhesus monkey, which the Rh antigens were first discovered in 1940 (Saladin,
2020). Rh antigens have three common antigens which are C, D, and E. Antigen D is the most
reactive antigen. If a person have the Rh antigen, he or she is considered Rh positive (Rh +)
(Saladin, 2020). If he or she lacks the antigen, then that person is considered Rh negative (Rh-)
(Pegoraro et al, 2020). If a person has a mismatched blood type with his or her second fetus,
when the mother is Rh- and the fetus is Rh+, significant health issues can occur such as death
from anemia. If the mother is Rh+ and the first baby is either Rh+ or Rh-, no problems will
occur. Why is the first pregnancy not an issue and the second pregnancy a cause for concern?
The mother will not be sensitized.
During a woman’s first pregnancy, if she is +Rh- and the baby is Rh, there are generally
no problems. The concern is the fetal blood mixing with the mother’s blood, this most often
occurs during delivery (Rh factor blood test, 2018). If this happens the mother is exposed to the
Rh + factor and will produce the Rh antibodies which will attack any Rh- fetuses in subsequent
pregnancies. Rh- mothers are given an injection of RhoGAM, antibodies to the Rh factor. These
antibodies bind to the Rh+ fetal RBCs and ‘hide’ them from the mother’s immune system and
prevent antibodies to the Rh factor from forming. The RhoGam shot is needed each time the
mother is pregnant with an Rh+ fetus. (Saladin, 2020).
During a woman’s second pregnancy, her OB/GYN will test her for the RH factor again
to do an antibody screen. Usually, this test is around Week 28. If the mother becomes pregnant
with a Rh+fetus, the mother’s antibodies can pass through the placenta and agglutinate the fetal
erythrocytes (Saladin, 2020). If this occurs, the children are born with a condition called
hemolytic anemia (Saladin, 2020). Why should we care? Studies stated that 50% of women
around the world are not fully educated about this topic and did not receive immunoprophylaxis
due to a lack of awareness (Pegoraro et al., 2020). It can mean the difference between life and
When they find out they are pregnant, many women are elated. But there are issues that
every woman should be aware of. One of the important issues that are addressed in the first
trimester of pregnancy is the woman’s blood type. One way I remember Rh is MRh+ BRh+ or
BRh- = OK. (M is for Mom and B is for Baby). MRh- BRh+ =Bad. Knowing one’s RH blood
type is extremely critical during a pregnancy for the health of mom and baby. If the woman has
RH incompatibility with her fetus, there are treatments available, and both mom and fetus can
have a healthy pregnancy and birth. Mom can focus more on the important things such as
welcoming a healthy baby. Personally, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my second child
and will be going for my blood test tomorrow. I was never fully educated on Rh incompatibility
as many others.
Pegoraro, V., Urbinati, D., Visser, G. H. A., Di Renzo, G. C., Zipursky, A., Stotler, B. A., &
Spitalnik, S. L. (2020). Hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn due to Rh(D)
incompatibility: A preventable disease that still produces significant morbidity and
mortality in children. PLOS ONE, 15(7), eO235807.
Rh Blood Test – Mayo Clinic. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/test-
Saladin, K. (2020). Anatomy & Physiology: The Unit of Form and Function. (9th ed.). McGraw-
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25