Case Study Guideline
This outline is based upon the following sources:
· Society for Case Research Guidelines: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tjNJMbl_5DrNaUarqy6Bde4MDhOSSpV3/view?pli=1Links to an external site.
· Sage Business Cases: Information for Authors: https://sk.sagepub.com/cases/author-infoLinks to an external site.
· IMA Educational Case Journal Guidelines: https://www.imanet.org/career-resources/get-published-with-ima/educational-case-journal?psso=trueLinks to an external site.
Preparing the Case
Before you begin writing, follow these guidelines to help you prepare and understand the case study:
1. Read and examine the case thoroughly
· Take notes, highlight relevant facts, underline key problems.
2. Focus your analysis
· Identify 2-5 key problems. Why do they exist?
· How do they impact the organization?
· Who is responsible for them?
3. Uncover possible solutions
· Draw from readings, discussions, outside research, your own experience.
4. Select the best solution
· Consider strong supporting evidence. What are the pros and cons? Is this solution realistic?
Case Study Overview (Case + Teaching Note)
The case study should address ethical, regulatory, and social implications in the accounting field. The case should typically include numerical computations (e.g., financial statements) as well as human factors. Typical cases describe a dilemma or decision faced by a well-developed protagonist. Using the Journal of Critical Incidents, the case will introduce critical incidents (not fictional) in the accounting industry and contain a teaching note. Each case should provide only essential historical details and a brief situational context. The case should emphasize a focal point that presents the business problem or situation in an unbiased manner, allowing for varied outcomes or solutions to the case. The case ends with a summary of the overall dilemma or issue being faced and the decision-making role of the student.
Midterm Case Study Proposal (Due Date Posted on Canvas)
1. Topic Proposal
· Provide a topic for your case study and two related resources published in the last three years (e.g., newspaper links). It is recommended to list additional topics with each related link.
· Write a tentative thesis statement. This is the central theme of your case and helps you to focus your case analysis.
· T opic proposal must be approved by the instructor before proceeding with the case proposal.
2. Case Study Proposal (3.5-5 pages, single-spaced): Below are the main components of a case study outline:
· Identify key problems and issues in the case study.
· Formulate and include a thesis statement that summarizes the outcome of your analysis in 1–2 sentences.
· Context and Background
· Set the scene: provide well-researched background information, relevant facts, and important information. (regulations, financial statements, compliance requirements, stakeholders, etc.)
· Divide into sections with headings and subheadings.
· Learning Outcomes
· Provide 3-4 learning outcomes expressed using Bloom’s Taxonomy terms. (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Recommend, etc).
· See Using Bloom’s Taxonomy to Write Effective Learning Outcomes: https://tips.uark.edu/using-blooms-taxonomy/#:~:text=Bloom's%20Taxonomy%20is%20a%20classification%20of%20the%20different%20outcomes%20and,at%20the%20University%20of%20ChicagoLinks to an external site. .
· Discussion Questions
· Provide 4 discussion questions for students to answer based on the case.
· Discussion questions must include connections to ethics/compliance, regulations, principles, or policy.
· Create a preliminary bibliography (use APA 7th) using library and internet sources.
· This is your initial search for the case. It should contain at least ten sources. (journal articles, trade journals, periodicals, newspapers, court cases, etc.) At least three journal articles must be included and the journal titles must be one from Cabells : https://www2-cabells-com.jpllnet.sfsu.edu/journalyticsLinks to an external site. .
Style Guidelines (Midterm Case Proposal + Final Case Project)
· Use the following style guidelines to complete the midterm case proposal and final case project: Times New Roman font, size 12 point, 1-inch margins and single-spaced.
· Synthesize all the sources throughout your paper. Paraphrasing is most often used to blend the ideas of another writer’s text with the prose style of our own work. Do not use bullet points for the case proposal and final case project, and make sure to write in complete sentences. Turnitin and AI Generative Tools on the syllabus will be applied.
· The Midterm Case Proposal must be a minimum of 3.5 pages with single spacing. The Final Case Project must be a minimum of 7.5 pages with single spacing Paragraphs are usually about 150-200 words long.
· The Midterm Case Proposal and the Final Case Project must be provided in Microsoft Word. Do not submit your paper in Google Docs, PDF, or PAGES.
· Write in the third person, in the past tense, and establish an objectivity of core dilemmas in the case.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25