Based on unit materials and your own research what are some challenges that LGBTQ youth face today? How do you think the human services field can better address these issues? Research one LGBTQ youth organization and briefly summarize their mission and the outreach they provide.
You must support your response with scholarly sources in APA format. Simply stating your opinion is not enough, back up your opinion with citations. Refer to the DB Grading Rubric for more details.
Readings and Resources
Articles, Websites, and Videos:
Human Rights Campaign’s glossary of LGBTQ terms.
· Glossary of Terms . (2020). Human Rights Campaign.
Safe Zone Project’s more extensive LGBTQ vocabulary glossary of terms.
· LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Glossary of Terms . (2020). Safe Zone Project.
Mallon (2013) discusses working with families where gender or sexual orientation is an issue exploring various situations and conflicts between parents and their LGBTQ children and parents coming out to their children.
· Elaine P. Congress, & Manny J. Gonzalez, D. (2013). Multicultural Perspectives In Social Work Practice with Families , 3rd Edition: Vol. Third edition. Springer Publishing Company.
CDC’s look at the health and well-being of LGBTQ youth.
· LGBT Youth . (2020). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
GLSEN, an LGBTQ youth organization has been working on issues affecting LGBTQ youth in grades k-12.
· GLSEN . (2020).
Germain (n.d.) discusses ways organizations and institutions can be more inclusive towards LGBTQ individuals in online settings.
· Germain, C. (n.d.). A Guide for Gender and Sexual Minority Inclusivity in the Online Presence of Institutions and Organizations A Guide for Gender and Sexual Minority Inclusivity in the Online Presence of Institutions and Organizations – Alternative Formats .
The United Nations examines the connections between LGBTQ youth and homelessness, highlighting the story of a transgender male and the help he received from a community center for LGBTQ homeless youth.
Duration: 4:24 User: United Nations - Added: 5/22/17
A mini oral history by the Los Angles LGBT Center on LGBTQ seniors and their experiences coming out and dealing with homophobia.
Duration: 10:50 User: Los Angeles LGBT Center - Added: 3/27/13
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25