1. Calculate working capital and current ratio Firm Q has short-term debt of $14,000, land of $85,000, merchandise inventory of $31,000, cash of $9,000, property, plant, and equipment of $330,000, accounts payable of $16,000, long-term debt of $60,000, accounts receivable of 17,000, common stock of $300,000, and retained earnings of $82,000.
Calculate Firm Q’s working capital and current ratio.
2.Compare investment alternatives Your friend has two investment opportunities that she is considering and has asked for your advice regarding how she should proceed. One will have an 9% rate of return on an investment of $12,000; the other will have a 12% rate of return on an investment of $15,000. She would like to take advantage of the higher-yielding investment but has only $12,000 available.
What is the maximum rate of interest that your friend should be willing to pay to borrow the $3,000 needed to take advantage of the higher yield?
3.ROI analysis using the DuPont model
a. Firm A has a margin of 7%, sales of $980,000, and ROI of 19.6%. Calculate the firm’s average total assets.
b. Firm B has net income of $259,200, turnover of 0.9, and average total assets of $1,800,000. Calculate the firm’s sales, margin, and ROI. Round your percentage answer to one decimal place.
c. Firm C has net income of $45,360, turnover of 1.4, and ROI of 12.6%. Calculate the firm’s margin, sales, and average total assets. Round your percentage answer to one decimal place.
4.ROI analysis using the DuPont model
a. Firm D has net income of $54,000, sales of $1,200,000, and average total assets of $750,000. Calculate the firm’s margin, turnover, and ROI.
b. Firm E has net income of $132,000, sales of $2,200,000, and ROI of 9.6%. Calculate the firm’s turnover and average total assets.
c. Firm F has ROI of 12%, average total assets of $1,500,000, and turnover of 0.8. Calculate the firm’s sales, margin, and net income. Round your answers to the nearest whole numbers.
5.Calculate ROE At the beginning of the year, the net assets of Shannon Co. were $492,600. The only transactions affecting stockholders’ equity during the year were net income of $70,200 and dividends of $15,400.
Calculate Shannon Co.’s return on equity (ROE) for the year. Round your percentage answer to one decimal place.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25