QUESTION: Do you agree that MIS is essential for businesses operating in the information age? Why or why not?
- The initial post must include at least one (1) scholarly source for support. You can use your textbook or current research articles (published within the past 5 years). Cite and reference in APA. (at least 250 words)
– Reply to one of your classmates at least 125 words. Add to the discussion. Do not just say, good job, way to go, etc. Your discussion question responses should reflect an understanding of the situation and the reading materials.
by Varun Krishna Bhetalem - Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 6:14 AM
Number of replies: 0
In order for a company to run smoothly and efficiently, it relies on MIS. MIS may perform a broad variety of tasks. Such tasks help businesses run more effectively and help them flourish in the long run. The basic tasks like accounting and planning could be designated as MIS application fields. Departmental activities (like accounts payable and purchasing), and operational activities (like inventory control), are all examples. Production planning is one of the more specific uses of MIS. Organizational and decision support information systems come together to produce an MIS, which is a type of integrated management solution. Organizational information systems (OIS) on the other hand, are often linked to data processing systems for management and accountancy (Robey, 2016).
Management information systems (MIS) are designed to help business and decision-making. It also gives the company the fundamental data and information it needs to bring out planning, administration, and decision-making, as well as activities. With MIS, a company may have access to and collect data from a variety of sources. Internal and external sources are examples of data sources. Databases, business systems, data processing, and application systems are some examples of internal data sources. Internet, industry group, other businesses, and business partners are examples of external information resources. The gathered data may be used to design and execute a business plan. Data may also be made available to a company's strategic planning, decision-making, and day-to-day activities. Management, decision support, and company control may all benefit from MIS. Such technologies aid in the advancement of an organization's decision-making procedure. Enterprise resource planning, planning and control, business management, and consumer information systems are all included in such applications.
Robey, D. (2016). User attitudes and management information system use. Academy of Management Journal, 22(3), 527-538.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25