1. Consider Justice John Marshall’s rulings in the Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1831) and the Worcester v. Georgia (1832) cases. What might account for the differentiation in the rulings?
2. Which level of government determines how districts are drawn? How often are district lines redrawn? What are new district lines based on?
3. Define gerrymandering. How does gerrymandering influence electoral outcomes? [hint review John Oliver below]
4. How did Congress attempt to prevent states from gerrymandering to decrease the influence of racial minorities in elections after the Voting Rights Act of 1965?
5. What was the result of the U.S. Supreme Court’s overturning of this congressional act?
6. What is Dillon’s rule? How does this affect local governments?
7. What is dual federalism? How does it relate to the concept of states’ rights?
8. What is cooperative federalism? How does it relate to the idea of “big government”?
9. What is devolution? During what period have we seen devolution? How do block grants demonstrate some degree of devolution?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25