Answer critical Thinking question #2 for chapter 6 on page 180. Answers should be submitted in word document with any associated references used
1 E.Coli was incubated with aeration in a nutrient medium containing two carbon sources, and the following growth curve was made from this culture
A) Explain what happened at the time marked x
B) Which substrate provided “better” growth condition for the bacteria? How can you tell?
2 Assume that after washing your hands you leave ten bacterial cells on a new bar of soap. You then decided to do a plate count of a soap after it was left in soap dish for 24 hours. You dilute one gram of the soap 1:106 and plate it on heterotrophic plate count agar. After 24 hours of incubation, there are 168 colonies. How many bacterial were on the soap? How did they get there?
3) Heat lamps are commonly used to maintain food at about 50 degree C for as long as 12 hours in cafeteria serving lines . The following experiment was conducted to determine whether this practice poses a potential health hazard.
Beef cubes were surface-inoculated with 500,000 bacterial cells and incubated at 43-53degree C to establish temperature limits for bacterial growth. The following results were obtained from heterotrophic plate counts performed on beef cubes at 6 and 12 hours after incubation.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25