Review the attached PowerPoint presentations. Once done answer the following questions:
1. In your own words and quoting the appropriate evidence-based references define what is family and the different types of family. Please tell us what type of family do you belong?
Note: I belong to a Nuclear family.
2. How do you feel that the value system differs from that of your parents? And from your grandparents? Why have these changes come about? As practicing nurses, why is it important to consider these generational differences in values and beliefs?
3. Discuss traditional health beliefs & practices that have been passed down by families. Are these cultural or regional beliefs? Do you continue to practice any of the same things? Why or why not?
4. How do you believe that family members and their upbringing have affected your own health or could affect a patient/individual’s health? Discuss positive & negative effects as well as physical, emotional & spiritual health. Give some examples.
The assignment must be presented in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum on the discussion board. A minimum of 3 evidenced-based references. References must be no older than 5 years. A minimum of 700 words is required.
Chapter 29 Foundations of Family Care
Two or more individuals who identify themselves as family and manifest some degree of interdependence in interactions with each other and their environment
Health Responsibilities of the Family
Development of personal identity and self-worth
Family interactions facilitate or impede members’ access to the following:
Failure to thrive
Prenatal and postpartum visits
Changes in family structure
Families acquire values about health and learn personal health practices relative to nutrition, exercise, smoking, alcohol consumption, and hygiene through their family of origin and transmit those values and beliefs
Healthcare system education
Families serve as a reference for defining illness and what should be done about it.
Provision of care
Assume major share of responsibility for intergenerational support and assistance
Two caregiving roles:
Direct care provider
Indirect care provider
Theoretical Approaches to Family
Human Ecology Theory
Family Systems Theory
Family development theory
Family development tasks
Conceptual framework for family assessment
Provides direction to the collection, organization, and interpretation of data about the family’s health situation
Five phases of contracting process:
Identification of family health concerns and needs
Mutual setting of goals
Delineation of alternatives
Implementation of the plan
Chapter 30 Caring for the Family in Health and Illness
Thinking Differently About Family Health
Bottom-down health system
Human ecology model
Community-Based Services for Promoting Family Health
Preventive support services
Preterm birth services
Postpartum home visits
Focus on high risk for morbidity and premature mortality
Creating Healthy Families and Communities
Intensity and timing of interventions
Nursing skills and strategies
Comprehensive community initiatives
Issues in Family Nursing Today
Least possible contribution theory
Ad Hoc Committee to Defend Health Care
Values: challenges for the future
Five core values
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25